[U-Boot] [ RFC ] fastboot protocol support in u-boot

John Rigby john.rigby at linaro.org
Tue Aug 16 17:32:55 CEST 2011

On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 8:47 AM, Stefan Schmidt
<stefan at datenfreihafen.org> wrote:

> Given these different use cases I never seen fastboot and DFU as
> competitors. Personally I see DFU as a good and standardized way of
> _flashing_ devices while fastboot/novacom are way to communicate with
> the bootloader (allow flashing as on task).

Just my two cents.  From my discussions with Android developers, they
use fastboot as a quick turnaround way of getting an image on a board
during iterative development.

The other thing I think is important is the ability to choose DFU or
fastboot at run time vs compile time.  So we should be able to have
both features turned on in a given u-boot binary.  This means of
course that fastboot, or DFU would not assume it owned the gadget USB
HW.

--John