[U-Boot] [ RFC ] fastboot protocol support in u-boot

John Rigby john.rigby at linaro.org
Tue Aug 16 21:44:26 CEST 2011

On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 12:12 PM, Stefan Schmidt
<stefan at datenfreihafen.org> wrote:

> I'm still curious though if there are practical needs for both
> fastboot and DFU enabled.

My only point was that I would rather DFU, Fastboot, USBSerial and any
other potential users of MUSB or other gadget usb hw not be written in
a way that it is the only consumer of the hw.  I should be able to
choose at config time which I will potentially use and at run time
which I actually use.  That way the same u-boot.bin could be used with
DFU one day and Fastboot another without rebuilding and reinstalling.

--John