[U-Boot] [STATUS] ARM

Albert ARIBAUD albert.u.boot at aribaud.net
Sun Aug 21 12:13:56 CEST 2011

Hi Aneesh,

Le 21/08/2011 10:56, V, Aneesh a écrit :

>> This indeed fixes it. Strange that the warning is not emitted by your
>> toolchain.
>
> Yes, that's indeed strange. Even with your tool-chain it should've emitted
> more warnings. Many of those unsigned variables were assigned -1 in
> elsewhere. That was also never reported.

Actually I only gave one of those warnings. For a single build of
omap4_panda, there was the following:

clocks.c:274: warning: comparison is always true due to limited range of
data type
clocks.c:276: warning: comparison is always true due to limited range of
data type
clocks.c:278: warning: comparison is always true due to limited range of
data type
clocks.c:280: warning: comparison is always true due to limited range of
data type
clocks.c:282: warning: comparison is always true due to limited range of
data type
clocks.c:284: warning: comparison is always true due to limited range of
data type

But note that these are comparisons, not assignments. The semantics of
ether operation might explain why one causes a warning and not the other.

> br,
> Aneesh

Amicalement,
--