[U-Boot] Moving mx3fb.c to CONFIG_VIDEO

Stefano Babic sbabic at denx.de
Mon Aug 22 18:04:16 CEST 2011

On 08/22/2011 03:41 PM, Helmut Raiger wrote:
> The following patch partly rewrites mx3fb.c to be used along with
> cfb_console.c. It was using CONFIG_LCD and now needs CONFIG_VIDEO.
> The defines for some displays have been removed from the driver,
> instead one may specify displays using the videmode env variable.

Hi Helmut,

thanks to fix this point. It was also on my todo list, but really not on
the top, an I was waiting the occasion when I

The long list of hardcoded display configurations is very nasty, I am
happy to get rid of it.

Please add also Anatolij in CC, as maintainer of the video subsystem.

> For what I could see, it breaks support for qong and the phycore
> board. I'd appreciate, if someone (Stefano?) could test on these boards
> (using the correct videomode setting).

I am not sure I could test (I do not have now the board), but I will
try. Maybe in next days.

> The phycore board specifies 8bit colors in the setup, the driver
> was only tested for a 565 set-up. Either the board setup is changed
> to 16bits or the driver needs some extra care.

No chance to test the phycore on my side, maybe someone else....

Regards,
Stefano Babic

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de