[U-Boot] Porting U-Boot to HP TouchPad

Stefan Schmidt stefan at datenfreihafen.org
Tue Aug 23 10:02:40 CEST 2011

Hello.

On Tue, 2011-08-23 at 09:27, Graeme Russ wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 9:23 AM, Jerry Van Baren <gvb.uboot at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 08/22/2011 01:11 AM, Graeme Russ wrote:
> >>
> >> Hello All,
> >>
> >> Well it looks like I'm getting my hands on the now defunct HP
> >> Touchpad
> >
> > Lucky!
> >
> >> Any ideas how I could port U-Boot (and ultimately Linux) to it?
> >
> > There is a fair amount of talk about installing various flavors of linux
> > (including Android) on the touchpad, e.g.
> >
> > <http://liliputing.com/2011/08/how-to-install-ubuntu-linux-on-an-hp-touchpad.html>
>
> An http://opensource.palm.com/3.0.2/index.html lists U-Boot 1.1.2 - don't
> these guys know how to keep up ;)
>
> Looks like it should be pretty simple

Did you have a look at the patches they provide against 1.1.2? To me
it seems they only use the mkimage tool out of u-boot and not the
bootloader itself. IIRC they had an own bootloader running on the Pre
mobile phone and other devices. Without source available. Not sure if
this changed with the Touchpad.

regards
Stefan Schmidt