[U-Boot] RFC: Testing U-Boot Part 1

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Fri Aug 26 22:59:14 CEST 2011

On Friday, August 26, 2011 00:36:15 Graeme Russ wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 1:32 PM, Simon Glass wrote:
> > 4. When I create a driver, like the serial test driver, should that be
> > serial_test.c, test_serial.c, sandbox_serial or something else?
>
> I guess you'll have /drivers/serial/sandbox.c, /drivers/net/sandbox.c
> etc.
>
> /include/configs/sandbox.h will need to include defaults for how
> these devices are configured. For example, you may want to have
> the sandbox serial go to /dev/ttyS0 or /dev/ttyS1

since we get a main() entry point, we can make these into runtime flags

> Make sure that printf() goes through U-Boot printf() not the host's libc

u-boot already takes care of this by running the linker directly.  it is the
compiler driver (i.e. `gcc`) that adds the implicit -lc and friends.

> And have you dealt with putc() and getc() hooking so that the U-Boot
> stdio can go to either the hosts stdio or a serial port?

that would be the problem of the sandbox serial driver, and i dont think it'd
be that hard.  simply use read/write syscalls directly :).
-mike