[U-Boot] [STATUS] ARM status as of 2011-08-30

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Aug 30 21:08:17 CEST 2011

Dear Albert ARIBAUD,

In message <4E5D088B.7090702 at aribaud.net> you wrote:

> I have just applied Wolfgang's updated ARM board removal patch set.
>
> Currently, u-boot-arm/master builds 182 boards, of which:
>
> - ELDK4.2 finds 37 boards with warnings or errors ( dnp1110 gcplus lart

I think we should try and separate the errors cases from the warnings
only ones - those boards with build errors need to be fixed, or
removed.

We can clean up warnings then, as we go on.

> - CodeSourcery 2010q1 finds 100 (!) boards with warnings or errors (

I guess it's additional warnings.  You will see even more when using
ELDK 5.x

> (Cc:ing Rémy for USB stuff; for yaffs, I don't know whom I should Cc:)

yeaffs is generic code, i. e. it ends up on my plate.

> For both CS and ELDK, there are a lot of "arm-linux-ld: stubs.o:
> compiled for a big endian system and target is little endian
> arm-linux-ld: failed to merge target specific data of file stubs.o"
> which I'll look into.

You need a big endian ARM compiler for the ixp systems.

> Meanwhile, I suggest that the current u-boot-arm/master be considered
> rc1-ready, with the effort until rc2 focused on finding and fixing
> code-wide bugs such as those two above.

Agreed.

> If that is ok, I'll send out a pull request today.

Thanks a lot!

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
I realize that command does have its fascination, even under  circum-
stances such as these, but I neither enjoy the idea of command nor am
I  frightened  of  it. It simply exists, and I will do whatever logi-
cally needs to be done.
	-- Spock, "The Galileo Seven", stardate 2812.7