[U-Boot] Flashing ubinize image under U-Boot

Robert Hodaszi robert.hodaszi at digi.com
Tue Feb 1 13:25:25 CET 2011

  Hi,

I would like to support UBI under U-Boot. I could successfully flash a
raw UBIFS image with the "ubi write" command, and also a UBI (ubinize)
image with the nand write command. So it's working well. But in the
second case, I will loose all existing information (e.g. the erase
counters). Under Linux, there's the "ubiformat" application, which can
flash this image, while preserves the existing informations.

Does the U-Boot support flashing UBI (ubinize) images on the same way
(preserving partition informations)? Or if not, then is there any plan
to extend the "ubi write" to support the ubinize images?