[U-Boot] !!! Trouble with u-boot and leon3 !!!!

Fabio Giovagnini fabio.giovagnini at aurion-tech.com
Tue Feb 1 17:24:03 CET 2011

Hi All,
We have built u-boot (from git as suggested by U-Boot SPARC / LEON Port v
1.0.0 April 2009.
The building is successfull.
I configured for execution in ram (CONFIG_SYS_TEXT_BASE = 0x40000000) and
the system runs.
But nothing I see on the serial console connected to minicom.
When I do Crtl+C the system stop at an address inside such function:
arch/sparc/cpu/leon3/cpu_init.c - void cpu_init_f(void)
I found that it fails:
/* Find AMBA APB IRQMP Controller */
if (ambapp_apb_first(VENDOR_GAISLER, GAISLER_IRQMP, &apbdev) != 1) {
	/* no IRQ controller, something is wrong
	 * ==> jump to start (or hang)
	 */
	while (1) ;
}

so the while (1) occurs.

I discovered that:
ambapp_apb_first(VENDOR_GAISLER, GAISLER_IRQMP, &apbdev)

Any suggetions?