[U-Boot] [STATUS] v2011.03-rc1 released

Michael Schwingen rincewind at discworld.dascon.de
Thu Feb 3 16:37:04 CET 2011

Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> Hello  everybody:
>
> * U-Boot v2011.03-rc1 was released on Wed, 02 Feb 2011.
>
> * Release "v2011.03" is scheduled in 39 days - on March 13, 2011.
>
> Please help testing, and check if all your relevant patches have been
> included.
>

> Note that still a large number of ARM boards are broken. I hope many
> people join the efforts and fix all the currently broken boards.
> Thanks in advance to everybody who lends a helping hand.

What is the time frame?

I think I have IXP425 mostly in shape - my own boards work, and IXDP425
boots up and basically works. PCI is still a working area: I pulled out
most of the old, IXP-specific code and changed the PCI code to use
u-boot's PCI infrastructure.

This works fine for configuration, and I can dump and modify memory (eg.
the bootrom on a E1000 card), but I can't get any of the ethernet
drivers to work - possibly due to endian issues, but this might take
some time to sort out.

Would it be OK to commit this as-is, knowing it may require some further
fixups? At least it does work better than before.

Otherwise, I could leave out the whole PCI area and only provide patches
for the boards without PCI, leaving IXP PCI in its current broken state.

cu
Michael