[U-Boot] multiple serial in evaluation board

Ran Shalit ranshalit at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 14:30:56 CET 2011

Hello,

I would like to configure multiple serial (UART's) in the OMAP l-138
evaluation board (da850evm). I thought that in the serial section of the
da850evm.h I should only add CONFIG_SERIAL_MULTI, but then I got compilation
problem: \common\serial.c
" #error No default console ".
It also seem that this file is only being compiled when using the
CONFIG_SERIAL_MULTI flag.

I can also add that I thought it is better to use that flag becuase I want
to use the functions in \drivers\serial\serial.c such as serial_getc_dev
instead of _serial_getc, but I see that inorder to use this function I need
to define this flag (CONFIG_SERIAL_MULTI)
Should this flag  be used whenever using more then one UART ?

I appreciate your help!

Ran