[U-Boot] BeagleBoard-xM: Ethernet over USB supported ?

Olivier Martin olivier.martin.fr at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 14:18:52 CET 2011

Hi,
I am trying to enable boot from tftp for a BeagleBoard-xM.
The BeagleBoard-xM has an integrated Ethernet port over USB.

I have tried to enable it by adding these following lines in
include/configs/omap3_beagle.h:
#define CONFIG_USB_ETHER               1
#define CONFIG_CMD_NET         /* bootp, tftpboot, rarpboot    */
#define CONFIG_CMD_PING

But when I compiled I have got a link error:
/drivers/usb/gadget/libusb_gadget.o: In function `usb_eth_initialize':
u-boot-main/drivers/usb/gadget/ether.c:1964: undefined reference to
`usb_gadget_register_driver'
drivers/usb/gadget/libusb_gadget.o: In function `usb_eth_init':
u-boot-main/drivers/usb/gadget/ether.c:1812: undefined reference to
`usb_gadget_handle_interrupts'

The functions `usb_gadget_register_driver' and
`usb_gadget_handle_interrupts' do not exist in the current u-boot tree...

Can someone confirm we can or cannot use tftp with u-boot on the BeagleBoard
?

Thanks,
Olivier