[U-Boot] Compiler Question

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Feb 7 11:17:42 CET 2011

Dear =?UTF-8?B?TWFpayBIw6RuaWc=?=,

In message <4D4FBEAD.1030703 at hrz.tu-chemnitz.de> you wrote:

> If I compile the same uboot with gcc 4.5.2, binutils 2.11 and glibc 2.13
> the uboot compiles also successfully but it didn't work on the taget
> system. The uboot don't have any outputs on the debug console.

There are a number of known (and probably more unknown) compiler bugs
in GCC 4.5.x.

Workarounds for some of them have been added recently in mainline, so
you might try switching to current top of tree instead (especially if
you're on an ARM system).

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Commitment, n.:      Commitment can be illustrated by a breakfast
of ham and eggs. The chicken was involved, the pig was committed.