[U-Boot] BeagleBoard-xM: Ethernet over USB supported ?

Alexander Holler holler at ahsoftware.de
Mon Feb 7 11:34:59 CET 2011

Hello,

Am 07.02.2011 05:42, schrieb Gadiyar, Anand:
> On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 7:35 PM, Alexander Holler<holler at ahsoftware.de>  wrote:

>>> I am trying to enable boot from tftp for a BeagleBoard-xM.
>>> The BeagleBoard-xM has an integrated Ethernet port over USB.

>> Currently there is no support for omap-ehci in u-boot. That means only
>> the MUSB (OTG) USB port is usable.

> There was some work done on getting EHCI working - I'll see if I can
> poke the chaps that worked on it and get that posted here.

I'll have mostly ready patches here too. But my stuff seems to be
missing soemthing, because no devices will be seen. Haven't had the time
to examine that further. If interest is there, I could send you my patches.

> However, in addition to the omap-ehci support, won't we need
> a driver for the SMSC LAN9514 ethernet controller on the board?

Yes, but having omap-ehci is a prerequisit here, and my interest in
omap-ehci was because I would like it to use usb-storage. ;)

Regards,

Alexander