[U-Boot] [RFC] ARM: mx31pdk: Use the new relocation scheme

Stefano Babic sbabic at denx.de
Mon Feb 7 15:13:29 CET 2011

On 02/07/2011 12:32 PM, Fabio Estevam wrote:
> Hi Magnus,
>
> On 2/6/2011 10:03 AM, Magnus Lilja wrote: ...

Hi,

>> I have no idea if this breaks other boards but at least it's start
>> for further work. I tried it on the imx31 litekit (which boots from
>> NOR) but that board doesn't seem to boot even before applying
>> Fabios patch, I'll see if I can figure out why that board is broken
>> now. Don't know when though.
>
> I will let others comment about the changes you did in
> arch/arm/cpu/arm1136/start.S Will also try it later today.

Anyway, arch/arm/cpu/arm1136/start.S cannot be compiled without the
changes suggested by Magnus due to the following lines:

_nand_boot_ofs
       : .word nand_boot - _start

":" seems to me wrong in any case and should be fixed. Is this syntax
accepted by newer compiler releases ?

IMHO board_init_f must be called absolutely before nand_boot. I have
tested the changes suggested by Magnus on a i.MX35 and the board boots
from NAND. However, I do not see the problems with the console, and I
can think they are not related to this issue.

Best regards,
Stefano Babic

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de