[U-Boot] at91sam9263ek build is broken

Uli Raich Uli.Raich at cern.ch
Tue Feb 8 09:30:12 CET 2011

Hi all,
Since some time I am using an arm at91sam9263 board from a young polish company named creotech. The board is similar to an Atmel at91sam9263ek from atmel but has a series of subtle differences. May goal is to write a new configuration for this board. To start off I tried to build u-boot for the existing at91sam9263ek configuration, which fails. First it complains that CONFIG_AT91FAMILY was missing, which I added to include/configs/ at91sam9263ek.h.
Then it asks for CONFIG_SYS_SDRAM_BASE, which I could also guess. I am not sure about CONFIG_SYS_INIT_SP_ADDR (no description in the README file) however. I gave it a guess looking up u-boot-1.3.4 of which I have a working version for my board. Then however it complains about undeclared AT91_BASE_SYS and AT91_DBGU when compiling drivers/serial/atmel_usart.c. I see that this includes <asm/arch/memory-map.h> which uses these definitions when declaring USART3_BASE, the console port for the board. memory-map.h  includes hardware.h which should include <asm/arch/at91sam9263.h> if CONFIG_AT91SAM9263 is defined, which is the case in the basic configuration file  include/configs/ at91sam9263ek.h.
For the moment I am puzzled.
I would be grateful also for an explication of CONFIG_SYS_INIT_SP_ADDR.
Thanks Uli