[U-Boot] PATCH-add "0X" hexadecimal prefix to simple_strtoul

Albert ARIBAUD albert.aribaud at free.fr
Wed Feb 9 07:40:44 CET 2011

Le 09/02/2011 07:19, Chris Moore a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Le 08/02/2011 20:14, Wolfgang Denk a écrit :
>> Dear Rob Alexander,
>>
>> In message<4D51716D.3060002 at motorola.com> you wrote:
>>
>>> + if ((tolower(*cp) == 'x')&& isxdigit(cp[1])) {
>> ERROR: spaces required around that '&&' (ctx:VxW)
>>

> I suspect that this could be the Thunderbird problem that Albert noticed
> the other day.
> Some versions of TB seem to eat the space before an '&' character and
> IIRC also before at least one of the '<' and '>' characters :(

Not only. From time to time I see spaces missing between simple words in
the subjects pane of the UI while the actual message does have the
space, meaning TB wrongly removes spaces at the receiving end, not the
sending end.

> I also noticed this in some of my (rare) posts.
> I am using TB 3.1.5.
> I am too ashamed to admit my OS ;-)
>
> A nonsense test case written with correct spacing: a = (b > (c >> 1)) &&
> If you receive this correctly then please excuse me for the noise :(

Received correctly. :)

In Rob's case I am not sure that the issue is due to TB eating selected
spaces upon reception; my own TB (3.1.7), using ^U to display the raw
message from Rob, shows missing spaces are actually in what was sent,
and I think Wolfgang does not use TB at all.

Amicalement,
--
Albert.