[U-Boot] [RFC] ARM: mx31pdk: Use the new relocation scheme

Fabio Estevam fabio.estevam at freescale.com
Wed Feb 9 12:45:59 CET 2011

Hi Albert,

On 2/8/2011 6:50 PM, Albert ARIBAUD wrote:
> Le 08/02/2011 21:18, stefano babic a écrit :
>> Am 08.02.2011 20:26, schrieb Magnus Lilja:
>>> Patch reposted as a separate mail a couple of minutes ago.
>>>
>>> As I mention in the patch I think Fabio's patch has to be applied first.
>>
>> I think your patch is ok - Fabio fixed the syntax error as you do. We
>> need only one of them.
>>
>>> Another solution would be to change my patch somewhat to apply it first
>>> and then update Fabios patch to only touch the i.MX31-PDK specific
>>> files.
>>
>> IMHO this is the preferred way, because the two issues are orthogonal.
>> Your patch fixes booting from NAND for ARM11, and  Fabio's patch fix the
>> mx31pdk board only.
>
> Agreed.

Ok, I have just submitted the patch series treating one issue at the time.

> Note also that there was a recent patch to ARM926's start.S (replacing 'adr r1, _start' with 'ldr r1, _TEXT_BASE' at line 284). The same should be done on arm1136.

Ok, I haven´t added this change to my patch series yet, but I can do it on a separate patch after my original patch series is applied, if this is OK with you.

I have tested this recommended change and it worked fine on my mx31pdk board.

Thanks,

Fabio Estevam