[U-Boot] ppc4xx PPC460EX DDR2 Autocalibration errata

Eibach, Dirk Eibach at gdsys.de
Fri Feb 11 08:59:47 CET 2011

Today I received an erratum fro apm that seems to claim that ddr2
autocalibration is not working properly on our 460EX boards. Is anyone
already working on this?

Would ddr_scan_option be the way to fix this? Or should
4xx_ibm_ddr2_autocalib.c generally be fixed for 460EX?

Cheers
Dirk

DDR_2: Internal Timing violation for certain write data paths.
Category: 3
Overview:
Due to an internal timing violation, write data errors are possible with
the following MCIF0_WRDTR[WDTR]
settings:
  * 000 (270 degree advance)
  * 010 (90 degree advance)
  * 101 (180 degree delay)
  * 110 (270 degree delay)
Notes:
 1. This erratum does not affect the following MCIF0_WRDTR[WDTR]
settings:
       * 001 (180 degree advance)
       * 011 (0 degree advance)
       * 100 (90 degree delay)
 2. The timing error is internal. Write errors are possible even when
the external timing appears to be valid.
Impact:
In some cases, the memory controller fails to calibrate or pass memory
tests with MCIF0_WRDTR[WDTR] set to
the 000, 010, 101, or 110 settings. Regardless of calibration or memory
test results, write data errors are still
possible with these settings.
Workaround:
For coarse write data/DQS/DM advance or delay, only use
MCIF0_WRDTR[WDTR]=001 (180 degree advance),
011 (0 degree advance), or 100 (90 degree delay) settings. Use the
fractional fine delay MCIF0_WRDTR[WDFD]
to fine tune the delay for the Write data.
  * For 90 degree advance, set MCIF0_WRDTR[WDTR]=001 (180 degree
advance) and
     MCIF0_WRDTR[WDFD]=0x3F (90 degree delay).
  * For 180 degree delay, set MCIF0_WRDTR[WDTR]=100 (90 degree delay)
and MCIF0_WRDTR[WDFD]=0x3F
     (90 degree delay).
There are no alternative configurations for 270 degree advance or 270
degree delay.
Contact AppliedMicro technical support at support at apm.com for updated
U-Boot software.