[U-Boot] BSS footprint of FAT very high - SPL issues

Albert ARIBAUD albert.aribaud at free.fr
Fri Feb 11 09:15:59 CET 2011

Le 11/02/2011 07:57, Aneesh V a écrit :

>> As you point out, using __u_boot_cmd would cause as much of a concern as
>> the current use of __bss_start, so I see no improvement there.
>>
>> Please define a label in the linker file. If you haven't got time to
>> port the change to other linkers, don't ; the BSS issue is, for now,
>> specific to your case.
>
> I thought it rather unlikely that the position of __u_boot_cmd will
> change in future. But I agree with you. Better do it cleanly once and
> for all. Changing the linker scripts for all cpus should not be a big
> deal. But I will not be able to test any of them except armv7/omap4
>
> One patch will do, right?

Yes.

> Also, any thoughts on the name for the new label.
> _end_of_relocated_image is all I can think of?

Current practice has "_end" appended to whatever the labels delimit --
same as for "_start".

Besides, the "relocated" part would be inexact; what matters here is the
is kind-of-relocated, as references to BSS from text or data may be the
target of a relocation record).

So I would suggest "__image_load_end" or "__image_copy_end".

>>> Best regards,
>>> Aneesh

Amicalement,
--