[U-Boot] merge conflicts during git pull

Albert ARIBAUD albert.aribaud at free.fr
Mon Feb 14 11:07:00 CET 2011

Le 14/02/2011 10:05, Andre Schwarz a écrit :
> Wolfgang,

>>> Have I missed anything ?
>>> Is there a way to get automagically merged whatever there might be to
>>> merge ?
>> Sorry, I have no idea what happenend of your system.  I can see no
>> issues on our side.
>
> thank - will clone a new repo an pull in my local branches.

Just a side note: I tend to prefer git fetch over git pull, because I am
sure that I don't affect my working branch unless I really want to, at
which point I do it voluntarily and in a controlled manner, through git
rebase or git merge, and even then, I often tag my branch beforehand so
that I cen easily double-check the actions and revert them as/if needed.

Amicalement,
--
Albert.