[U-Boot] write to mcBsp address space

Albert ARIBAUD albert.aribaud at free.fr
Tue Feb 15 07:48:54 CET 2011

Hi Ran,

Le 15/02/2011 07:35, Ran Shalit a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I'm working on OMAPL138 EVM board, with the U-BOOT.
> I'm trying to access and write into the register (which have write bits),
> but I always read 0 in all the map space of the mcBSP0 and mcBSP1.
> (0x01d10000 - 0x1d10800, 0x01d11000 - 0x1d11800).
> I wonder what I missed here. any ideas are welcomed.

Many SoCs have "base address registers" that allow remapping internal or
peripheral registers anywhere in the address space, which means the
actual address you're trying to get at might not be the right one. Did
you check the BAR(s) and make sure the mcBsp address you're targetting
is the right one for your board?

> Thank you very much,
>
> Ran

Amicalement,