[U-Boot] Does u-boot require any additional program to run?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Feb 17 20:00:28 CET 2011

Dear Srinidhi M,

In message <AANLkTimHX2odYD2EEWOqZCQcziv74jHSZ_30u2UbKwAB at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I have a question about u-boot. Can u-boot alone can bring up a board
> and load a OS image on to board?

Yes, it can.

> Does u-boot require any additional programs (like a Flash Loader) to
> run, initially?

No, it does not.

At least in general.  Initial bootstrapping is a bit platform
dependent, and not allplatforms are equally well supported.  But in
any case it can be done, even if on your platform some parts might
still be missing.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
We do not colonize. We conquer. We rule. There is no  other  way  for
us.
	-- Rojan, "By Any Other Name", stardate 4657.5