[U-Boot] Support for ARM940T core

Albert ARIBAUD albert.aribaud at free.fr
Fri Feb 18 09:03:01 CET 2011

Hi Srinidhi,

Le 18/02/2011 07:51, Srinidhi M a écrit :
> Dear All,
>
> We did not find the support for ARM940T architecture in the u-boot sources.
> Is there any ARM cores which are equivalent to ARM940T? Do we need to
> modify any existing ARM core files to support ARM940T?

You should start a new CPU support (say in arch/arm/cpu/arm940t) based
off what exists for the ARM920T, which has the same ARM9TDMI and differs
from ARM940T in that the 920T has an MMU while the 940T has a protection
unit instead.

Whatever code you find common to 920t and 940t you could possibly put in
a common ARM9TDMI location. If eventually most of the code is common,
maybe a single arch/arm/cpu/ subdirectory could cater for both 920t and
940t.

> Regards,
> Srinidhi.

Amicalement,