[U-Boot] u-boot for x86 Core2Duo target

Zvi Vered veredz72 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 01:04:44 CET 2011

Hello,

I'm using u-boot on PPC405 (ML405) for about 3 years.

It is a great boot loader !

On my next project, the target is Core2Duo (AMPRO's COM840).

Is it a wise decision to use u-boot on this target ?
I prefare u-boot over grub or vxworks bootloader because it has many
features.

If I understand correctly, sc520 is the only x86 target supported.

Is it a huge project to port it to another x86 target that has a different
ethernet controller ?

The u-boot image is loader by the BIOS from compact flash via SATA.

What is the procedure for writing u-boot image on this flash ?

Thanks.