[U-Boot] Reading from NAND

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Feb 19 20:59:32 CET 2011

Dear D Kesselring,

please keep the mailing list on Cc:,  and don;t top post / full quote.
You may want to read http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html

In message <AANLkTik3hq8tUc5-Uh23G=F0Of2q8QNzJ2fO+JCr3wZy at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:
> This is for an embedded system and I am trying to read a nand location
> to determine which Linux image to boot. How can U-Boot run scripts
> automatically?

Put some "run your_macro_name" in bootcmd and/or preboot.
Read the manual about how to use these environment variables.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are  any
good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats."  - Howard Aiken