[U-Boot] Change drive strength of my LPDDR

Martin Sjölund martin.sjolund at note.eu
Thu Feb 24 09:35:16 CET 2011

Hi,

I am using a i.MX27 connected to a LPDDR from Micron (se link). I need to
lower the drive strength of the memory to half as described at the memory
datasheet on page 55 Extended Mode Register (
http://download.micron.com/pdf/datasheets/dram/mobile/512mb_ddr_mobile_sdram_t47m.pdf
)

In U-Boot in lowlevel_init.S (/board/logicpd/imx27lite/) there is a line

#define SDRAM_MODE_REGISTER_VAL 0x100000

Which I assume is the value written to the Extended Mode Register. Honestly
I really do not know what value I should change the 0x100000 to. Some how I
would like to think it would be 0x1000020 but I really could not say that is
correct. Do any of you have any idea I would be very grateful.

Kind Regards
Martin Sjölund