[U-Boot] [ARM]: File type for u-boot elf file

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Thu Feb 24 14:26:00 CET 2011

Hi sughosh,

> hi Albert,
>
> On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 4:58 PM, Albert ARIBAUD <albert.aribaud at free.fr>wrote:
>
>> Le 24/02/2011 12:08, sughosh ganu a écrit :
>>
>>    I suspect the utility freaks out because it thinks the ELF cannot be
>>>    made into a binary like it would previously, but actually the binary
>>>    generation process did not change when we refactored the relocation
>>>    -- maybe the utility would work on our relocatable ELFs with just
>>>    the check for ELF type bypassed.
>>>
>>> Yes, even i think that would be the case, but i guess that would call
>>> for changes in the utility. Perhaps someone from TI can look into this.
>>>

>> Isn't there some official support channel?
>>

> I am not sure on this one. Hawkboard was a open source project, so hoping
> someone from TI on the list can take a look into this.
>
> Sandeep, if you can point me to the person/list where this can be taken up,
> i can follow up. Thanks.

We should really strive to get the functionality of the utility into
U-Boot itself.  Our mkimage already supports "custom wrappers" for i.MX
and Kirkwood (cf. tools/{imximage,kwbimage}.c), so why not extend it for
the AIS stuff?

Dependencies on external utilities is always a bad thing and breaks
easily as was just demonstrated.

Cheers
  Detlev

--
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority it is
time to pause and reflect.