[U-Boot] [ARM]: File type for u-boot elf file

Ben Gardiner bengardiner at nanometrics.ca
Fri Feb 25 14:41:07 CET 2011

Hi Albert,

On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 2:18 AM, Albert ARIBAUD <albert.aribaud at free.fr> wrote:
> [...]
>  From the general search I did while responding in this thread, AIS is
> not documented publically -- but I may have missed it.

I've been around this before so it rang a few bells. The "Application
Image Script (AIS) Boot" section of the OMAPL138's "Using the
OMAP-L1x8 Bootloader" document [1] has a pretty good summary of AIS.
Hope this helps.

> [...]
> Le 24/02/2011 14:26, Detlev Zundel a écrit :
>> Dependencies on external utilities is always a bad thing and breaks
>> easily as was just demonstrated.
>
> Agreed -- although actually, its the dependency on *binary, closed*
> external utilities that causes the issue.

+1

I would be happy to help with testing any new *image tools to replace AISGen.

Best Regards,
Ben Gardiner

[1] http://www.ti.com/litv/pdf/sprab41c

---