[U-Boot] [question about using the same code in non-free programs]

Dongil Park idoitlpg at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 06:46:13 CET 2011

Dear All.

I have one question about porting one of my code into u-boot.

actually, it 's one kind of Protocol and it already have been used for our
company programs.

I wonder if i port this protocol into u-boot, does it affect to our programs
which already in Market?

i found below answer from GPL FAQ, and i think there will be no problem.

*I would like to release a program I wrote under the GNU GPL, but I would
like to use the same code in non-free programs.*

*To release a non-free program is always ethically tainted, but legally
there is no obstacle to your doing this. If you are the copyright holder for
the code, you can release it under various different non-exclusive licenses
at various times. *

after porting into u-boot, i'll open the code. and i(we) have the owner ship
for this protocol

thus there will be no problem, am i right?

*@Wolfgang Denk, i need your opinions about this issue. Please answer my
question :)*