[U-Boot] [ARM]: File type for u-boot elf file

Andrew Dyer amdyer at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 02:49:21 CET 2011

On Sun, Feb 27, 2011 at 10:32, Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:
> Dear Albert ARIBAUD,
>
> In message <4D67E64A.1090500 at free.fr> you wrote:
>>
>> > I have been trying to compile the HexAIS files found in the tarball, but
>> > facing some issues. Will check this problem, to see if a way can be
>> > found to change the elf file recognition method of the utility.
>> >
>> > But it would be great if this utility can be added to mainline, as
>> > Detlev suggested.
>>
>> Not speaking for Wolfgang here, but IIUC, aisgen is a binary Windows
>> application, and in this form, it is not going to be added to mainline.
>> Now if you meant an open source utility derived from the AIS info made
>> available e.g. by Ben, then all we need is a volunteer. :)
>
> You probably  misunderstand. We do not want to add this tool, but it's
> functionality - similar like today mkimages is capable of building
> several other, similar custom image formats.

The x-loader 1st stage bootloader for OMAP includes a tool to generate
images to allow booting at least OMAP 35xx parts from MMC/SD and NAND
memories.

http://gitorious.org/x-load-omap3/mainline/blobs/master/Makefile (see
the x-load.bin.ift target)
http://gitorious.org/x-load-omap3/mainline/blobs/master/scripts/signGP.c
(the utility itself)

signGP doesn't have a lot of documentation in it for what all the
magic values mean.  You can use section 25.4.8 in the OMAP tech ref.
manual to decrypt the structures.