[U-Boot] IMX51 EVK Splash Screen

Thomas Besemer thomas.besemer at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 22:42:30 CET 2011

On Sun, Feb 27, 2011 at 5:41 AM, Stefano Babic <sbabic at denx.de> wrote:

> On 02/26/2011 07:32 PM, Marek Vasut wrote:
>
> > Hey guys, any update on this matter ? I'm quite interested :)
>
> On my side I am not currently working on this issue...
>
> Best regards,
> Stefano Babic

On my end, I had to go back to the FSL SDK version of U-Boot.  Reason
is that they
have an extensive patch set that is not in mainstream U-Boot.  I ran
into some issues
using current U-Boot, such as a slower boot time, but did not investigate.

If I get a chance in next month or so, I am going to migrate all FSL
SDK U-Boot patches
to the top of the U-Boot tree, and stabilize.

I have not back ported the Splash Screen stuff to the SDK version of U-Boot.

In an ideal world, FSL will start working with current U-Boot, and
post their patch sets back
to mailing list.  Would make life easier for all of us.

tom