[U-Boot] RAMdisk with uboot on s3c2440

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jan 5 09:12:16 CET 2011

Dear Gigin Jose,

please do not send HTML, send plain text only.

And make sure to restrict your line length to < 70 characters.

In message <850635.7691.qm at web95511.mail.in.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> After loading on the nand flash, I copied the ramdisk to 0x30800000 ("cp.b 140000 30800000 4b5e1") and checked the image with iminfo 30800000 command on the uboot. I get an error "Bad Magic Number". why is it so ? Once I download the the initramfs.uboot to 0x30000000 using tftp and check the image using iminfo, I get the following message.

You cannot read the NAND using the "cp" command.
You must use "nand read" instead.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
You might not be as stupid as you look. This is not hard. Let's think
about this. I mean ... I'll think about this, and  you  can  join  in
when you know the words.             - Terry Pratchett, _Men at Arms_