[U-Boot] Power-on Self Test - is it working?

DUNDA Matthias Matthias.DUNDA at thalesgroup.com
Wed Jan 5 12:59:59 CET 2011

Hi all-

I've got some issues with getting POST to work with my board (mpc85xx architecture):

In my config I set

#define CONFIG_POST (CONFIG_SYS_POST_MEMORY | ..._CPU | ..._UART | ..._ETHER)

I also implemented the stubs for uart_post_test and ether_post_test, as these are not covered by default.

I see no output from the tests - so I can't tell, if they were even run. From my understanding, post_output_backlog should dump some results like PASSED or FAILED right after running from relocated code, but I see nothing.

Another thing is the POST word address. So far I left it at the default which should locate it at
CONFIG_SYS_IMMR ( = CCSRBAR = E000_0000 ) + CPM_POST_WORD_ADDR (= 80FC) which results into an address at E000_80FC, which is a reserved area in PCI configuration space - according to PowerQUICC memory map. (???)

The POST documentation (README.POST) seems a little outdated - even the struct post has eight fields in the meantime - and it describes more or less the framework itself.