[U-Boot] [WIP/PATCH 0/4] unify SPI flash drivers

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Mon Jan 10 08:20:10 CET 2011

The amount of duplication across SPI flash driver has always annoyed me,
and we've seen bugs that affect multiple drivers fixed in only some, and
I figure if the Linux kernel driver can unify these things, then there is
really no reason we can't too.

So this here are a few incremental patches to get us closer to a unified
driver.  I think the diffstat speaks for itself, and there are even more
pieces here which could possibly be merged.  But I got bored for now.

I've only lightly tested them so far with one SPI flash driver, so for
now they're not for merging.  Once I can get more testing on our side,
I'll send out a pull request.

For you adventurous/bored types, you can grab these from my sf branch:
	git://git.denx.de/u-boot-blackfin.git
Any feedback as to success/failure would be great.

Mike Frysinger (4):
  sf: unify read/write helpers
  sf: unify status polling for ready bit
  sf: unify erase functions
  sf: unify read functions

 drivers/mtd/spi/atmel.c              |   49 +---------
 drivers/mtd/spi/eon.c                |  121 ++-----------------------
 drivers/mtd/spi/macronix.c           |  126 ++------------------------
 drivers/mtd/spi/spansion.c           |  120 +-----------------------
 drivers/mtd/spi/spi_flash.c          |  170 +++++++++++++++++++++++++---------
 drivers/mtd/spi/spi_flash_internal.h |   23 +++++
 drivers/mtd/spi/sst.c                |  116 +----------------------
 drivers/mtd/spi/stmicro.c            |  125 +------------------------
 drivers/mtd/spi/winbond.c            |  148 +----------------------------

1.7.4.rc1