[U-Boot] [MX51EVK] u-boot ECC errors flashing NAND

Tiago Maluta tiago.maluta at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 13:58:03 CET 2011

Hi,

I'm facing ECC errors when flashing u-boot on NAND on MX51EVK-based
board. U-Boot "nand write" command doesn't fill out-of-band (OOB)
bytes correctly. I noted this behavior after compare the same
u-boot.bin image flashed via ATK (proprietary software from
Freescale). I guess is something related to ECC timing.

my logs:
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5130/5320148028_7da19d3cf2_o.png
http://www.coding.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/nand-dump-fail.txt
http://www.coding.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/nand-dump-ok.txt

I also tried "flash_eraseall" and "nandwrite -p" on /dev/mtd0 from a
linux instance and I got the same OOB errors.

--tm