[U-Boot] U-Boot on IMX.51 EVK

Stefano Babic sbabic at denx.de
Wed Jan 12 08:20:43 CET 2011

On 01/12/2011 02:34 AM, Thomas Besemer wrote:
> Hi Stefano -

Hi Thomas,

> Looks like the problem I was having is the Freescale SDK (LTIB) had a
> .config file that ended up with the wrong load address; was picking up
> the MX53 (0x70008000 versus 0x90008000) load/build addys.

Well, then it is clear why the board does not boot...

>  Don't know
> why it ever worked....

I can only say I have tested with Freescale's kernel, too, and it
worked. Probably I tried with a version before the introduction of MX53,
and the address was correct.

> I was also able to boot over network without issues.
>
> I don't install uImage on a partition, rather, hand install it on SD
> card with DD, and then load with this:
>
>   bootcmd_mmc=run bootargs_base bootargs_mmc; mmc read 0 ${loadaddr}
> 0x800 0x1800;bootm
>
>  Just pulls from an offset in SD card.  Works fine.

Fine, thanks to report to the ML your results.

Best regards,
Stefano Babic

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de