[U-Boot] Problem booting linux with device tree table

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jan 12 08:36:31 CET 2011

Dear =?UTF-8?B?5byg5oms?=,

In message <AANLkTinVniNBre--k=a+J_P8yJrr8jvAHOmjT7fy=gsj at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

>     i use dtc compiler with following  command:
>     dtc -R 8 -b 0 -O dtb -I dts -S 0x3000 -o my.dtb my.dts
>
>    Booting process gives following error and reset the board.
>    WARNING: could not create /chosen FDT_ERR_NOSPACE.

Well, this is a pretty descriptive message, isn;t it?  You don;t
reserve enough space i your device tree.

>    somebody advises me to add a chosen node in my DTS file, but The
> issue is not solved.

Instead of yousing your custom dtc command, you should use the
kernel's default rule which should work better.

Now you've posted the same question 3 times.  I hope this is enough.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The use of anthropomorphic terminology when  dealing  with  computing
systems is a symptom of professional immaturity.   -- Edsger Dijkstra