[U-Boot] U-Boot support for board(s) meesc, otc570

Reinhard Meyer u-boot at emk-elektronik.de
Tue Jan 18 13:25:59 CET 2011

Dear Daniel Gorsulowski,
> Hello Albert,
>
> Albert ARIBAUD wrote:
>> Le 18/01/2011 10:27, Daniel Gorsulowski a écrit :
>>> Hello again!
>>
>> Hi Daniel,
>>
>>> One month ago, I asked you for help (see message below), but got no
>>> answer.
>>
>> Sorry about that. Last quarter of 2010 was rather busy for me.
>>
>>> Do you see any chance, to fix the at91 tree?
>>>
>>> There is no way to fix my boards, as long as all at91 builds have
>>> fundamental problems.
>>>
>>> I found a patch series from Alexander Stein, but it seems, this series
>>> does not go mainline:
>>> http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2010-November/080885.html
>>> Should I ask Alexander for resend his pathes?
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Daniel
>>
>> Reinhard (Cc:) has lots of fixes in his u-boot-atmel tree; you should try
>> its master branch. I'm leaving below your (unanswered, apologies again)
>> questions for Reinhard to answer.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Albert.
>
> Thanks for your response!
> I tried Reinhards master branch, but build throws same errors as shown
> below. It seems, among other things the atmel usart driver needs an
> update to new SoC access. Alexander Steins patch series seems to add this
> support.
>
> I'll wait for a fix until I send patches for my boards.

1. Please send always the mailing list, too!

2. Use the rework101229 branch (minus the last 5 patches).

There is lot of cleanup done in the header files and the ATMEL drivers.
The at91sam9260(9xe)ek board builds fine and works.
Use that as a template or reference what to do.
You should *only* need to adapt board/*/files and your configs/<board>.h
files. And of course updated entries in boards.cfg.

Once the rework is done for *almost* *ALL* AT91 SoCs it will be put for
review into mainline, probably for the 06.2011 U-Boot.

Best Regards,
Reinhard