[U-Boot] NetRxPackets

Marcel korgull at home.nl
Tue Jan 18 22:08:33 CET 2011

On Tuesday, January 18, 2011 01:15:25 am Marcel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> ether.c contains the following code :
>
>  req->buf = (u8 *) NetRxPackets[0];
>         req->length = size;
>         req->complete = rx_complete;
>
>         retval = usb_ep_queue(dev->out_ep, req, gfp_flags);
>

> My USB controller code that I'm writing responds that req->buf is NULL. So
> the OUT packets don't get processed.
> I know OUT data arrives in my controller code as I can read it, so my OUT
> endpoint is working. Also my status endpoint is working correctly and my
> guess is there's nothing wrong with my controller code.
>
> Anyone have an idea how NetRxPackets is allocated ?

Nobody ?

req->buf = (u8 *) NetRxPackets[0];

This is returning an non existing buffer for some reason and I know not much
about the ethernet layer to fix this.
My guess is I miss some define (eth related) somewhere but I'm also about to
give up on ether.c and just port a more simple driver to u-boot for testing
USB device controller drivers.

Any ideas why this could happen or how I can find out why that is ?

Best regards,
Marcel