[U-Boot] U-Boot support for board(s) meesc, otc570

Daniel Gorsulowski Daniel.Gorsulowski at esd.eu
Fri Jan 21 13:39:06 CET 2011

Hello Reinhard,

>> Back to the problem...
>> In my opinion, my USART configuration is correct. I still have no idea,
>> why there is no output on DBGU.
>
> I am at a loss there, too.
>
> Which USART is the output coming from instead? Is it really console output
> or maybe some other, independent pulses?

I don't know, to which USART the output goes. I guess you assume, my
"GPIO debugging" was to meassure the pulses on the USART pins. But no, my
GPIO debugging was as follows:
-set gpio pin with led attached
-send characters by puts() (wherever it goes) ;-)
-reset gpio pin
-measure time between high- and low- rising edge on gpio pin
-calculate baudrate

(on DBGU pin, there is no pulse at all past starting U-Boot)

> Can you verify that the value for ATMEL_BASE_DBGU in at91sam9263.h is
> correct?

Yes, according to datasheet, Debug Unit Control Register (DBGU_CR) is
located at 0xFFFFEE00.
And in at91sam9263.h is defined:
#define ATMEL_BASE_DBGU         0xffffee00

> Are you using the actual driver source? It should have lines like
>         atmel_usart3_t *usart = (atmel_usart3_t*)CONFIG_USART_BASE;
> at the begin of each function.

Yes, I'm using the driver with your changes from 2010-11-03 16:32:56

> Best Regards,
> Reinhard

Best Regards,
Daniel