[U-Boot] A question in lowlevel_init.S

Ulf Samuelsson ulf.samuelsson at atmel.com
Sun Jan 23 18:25:04 CET 2011

2011-01-22 11:19, Reinhard Meyer skrev:
> Dear Eric Bénard wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 22/01/2011 08:39, Reinhard Meyer wrote:
>>> I am not aware of any
> ADD: working
>>> AT91SAM9xxx systems right now that uses low-level init, it
>>> would only make sense for those that boot directly from NOR, without
>>> AT91BOOTSTRAP involved.
>> cpu9260 (at91sam9260 / 9g20 based) is using low-level init as it boots from
>> NOR and is not using at91bootstrap.
> Those CPUs are broken since relocation was introduced. It would be nice to see
> them demonstrated working out of NOR with low level init enabled...

I do not think the term "NOR" flash is correct.
"NOR" refers to the technology used in the memory cell,
and both "SPI Flash" and "Dataflash" are "NOR" flashes.
A better term is "parallel flash".

Atmel obsoleted all "parallel" flash during 2010, so
don't expect any boards to contain "parallel" flash
to come out in the future.

Looks like boards.cfg does not even contain most at91 boards
for some reason, so MAKEALL does not even try to build them
Think that should be fixed.

> Best Regards,
> Reinhard

Best Regards