[U-Boot] U-Boot support for board(s) meesc, otc570

Daniel Gorsulowski Daniel.Gorsulowski at esd.eu
Mon Jan 24 12:39:16 CET 2011

Hello Reinhard,

>> Check that your AT91Bootstrap loads u-boot to a sane address not at the
>> very end
>> of DRAM, and that CONFIG_SYS_TEXT_BASE is exactly the address where
>> AT91Bootstrap
>> loads u-boot. (I changed AT91Bootstrap to load u-boot to the very begin
>> of DRAM
>> for our boards.)
>>

> I neither change the AT91Bootstrap nor the CONFIG_SYS_TEXT_BASE address,
> so the problem must be located elsewhere.
>
> Today I found out by GPIO debugging, that U-Boot seems to boot but prints
> its startup messages to wrong USART with proper baudrate. I'll try to
> find out, why there is no output on DBGU.

I have to correct myself.
My board_init() and checkboard() fanctions are executed. But the board
crashes, before misc_init_r() functions executes.
(I guess, it crashes somwhere in board_init_f())
I'll try to find out more infos. But without an appropriate opportunity
to debug, it will be verry difficult.

Best regards
Daniel