[U-Boot] [Coldfire] Crash when writing into memory (mtest, tftpboot, ...)

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jan 26 08:57:50 CET 2011

Dear Metalod,

In message <AANLkTikLqw49RAM38aTwzyYaLD=2_h3ETt2RxkxhSRBo at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I have a custom board, based on Freescale M5271EVB, use codesourcery
> toolchains 2010.09-41.
> Board code are almost same as the evb board:

Almost the same, but different.  And not in mainline.

How can we comment on code thatis completely unknown to us?

> 1. I got linking error in version 2010-09 and later: libgcc.o not found.
> It is just fine in 2010-06, which use libgcc.a from the toolchains.
> How to change back the build rules to link to libgcc.a in the latest
> version of u-boot?

Fix your Makefiles.

> But if I run mtest (0x400 - 0x380000), it crashed:
> I remove calling ctrlc(), then it is only fine if I run mtest 0x400 0x190a00
> Memory dump:
> ==========
> > md 190cd0 64
> 00190cd0: ....md.190cd0.64
> 00190ce0: ...&..|....(....
> 00190dc0: .......D...J....
> 00190dd0: ....md 190cd0 64
> 00190de0: ...........l....
> 00190e00: .....### main_lo
> 00190e10: op: bootcmd="<UN
> 00190e20: DEFINED>".......
> I have no idea why the command i just typed is in this address.

It was _you_ who defined the memory map for your board, so only you
can knw that.  We cannot even look at your code to tell you what you
done wrong.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
If you hear an onion ring, answer it.