[U-Boot] jffs2 file system

Ford, Harry L harry.ford at xerox.com
Thu Jan 27 01:01:57 CET 2011

I know this isn't the best fit for my question but, hopefully somebody
can
redirect to the correct source.
My issue is I have bad data crc's on a jffs2 nor flash file system and
I need to determine
root cause. That is I need to prove the failure is either hardware or
software.
I don't have the programmer (on another continent) for the nor flash
that is being used so, I think
my only alternative is to find the memory location in flash that is
corrupted
and write in a select patterns to confirm that the hardware doesn't
have a failure
with the data lines,address lines, or memory cells.
I have found source code for the jffs2 file system and the mtd utils
but, I haven't found a useful
tool that will allow me to traverse past the first corrupted node and
return the
starting and ending memory location for each corrupted node composing
the file.
Do such tools exist?

Thanks,
Harry