[U-Boot] [0/6] Patch serie UBI min I/O size fixes

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Thu Jan 27 17:52:19 CET 2011

Hi Holger,

> Hi,
>
> Brunck, Holger wrote:
>> This patch serie fixes a problem in the UBI layer. The min I/O size has
>> currently a fixed value of 1 for NOR flashes. But for NOR flashes the min I/O
>> size has to be equal to the size of the writebuffer of the flash. Therefore the
>> mtd layer was enhanced with the writebuffer which was later on used in the ubi
>> layer to set the min I/O size.
>>
>> This patches fixes problems with flash types with a writebuffersize > 128 Byte
>> and is mainly taken from the similar linux patches. See MTD mailing list posts:
>> http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-mtd/2010-December/033460.html
>>
>> Without the u-boot patches attaching to a ubi device with a min I/O buffer
>> larger than 128 would fail.
>>

> with the same changes in the linux kernel we see incompatibilities for the
> UBIFS. Due to this fact the patches should be restrained until this problem is
> solved.
>
> See:
> http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-mtd/2011-January/033794.html

Ah, I see.  Thanks for the info.

In defense of my overlapping mail, I can only state that the reference
header in this mail of yours does not point to the earlier thread (check
[1]) and thus I saw it only much later:

But anyway, sorry for the noise.

Cheers
  Detlev

[1] http://mid.gmane.org/4D41331C.7000302@keymile.com

--
Man against god... God against Man... Man against nature... Nature against
man...   God against nature...   Nature against god...  a very, very funny