[U-Boot] [U-BOOT PROBLEM] RAM loading RAMdisk addresses

GRACE, ERWAN (ERWAN)** CTR ** erwan.grace at alcatel-lucent.com
Mon Jan 31 14:43:53 CET 2011

Hello all,

My name is Erwan Grâce, I'm French. Here's my issue : I had loaded the Flash memory of an electronic card with 2 RAMdisk which are supposed to be the same. However, when I checked the messages displayed on a screen at boot time, I observed that there were some differences between the 2 RAMdisk :

Messages displayed for the 1st RAMdisk :

## Booting image at ffb00000 ...
   Image Name:   Linux-2.6.10_mvlcge401-8560ads
   Image Type:   PowerPC Linux Kernel Image (gzip compressed)
   Data Size:    1662041 Bytes =  1.6 MB
   Load Address: 00000000
   Entry Point:  00000000
   Verifying Checksum ... OK
   Uncompressing Kernel Image ... OK
   Image Name:   tcifl.ramdisk
   Image Type:   PowerPC Linux RAMDisk Image (gzip compressed)
   Data Size:    42466734 Bytes = 40.5 MB
   Load Address: 00000000
   Entry Point:  00000000
   Verifying Checksum ... OK

Messages displayed for the 2nd RAMdisk :

## Booting image at ffb00000 ...
   Image Name:   Linux-2.6.10_mvlcge401-8560ads
   Image Type:   PowerPC Linux Kernel Image (gzip compressed)
   Data Size:    1662041 Bytes =  1.6 MB
   Load Address: 00000000
   Entry Point:  00000000
   Verifying Checksum ... OK
   Uncompressing Kernel Image ... OK
   Image Name:   tcifl.ramdisk
   Image Type:   PowerPC Linux RAMDisk Image (gzip compressed)
   Data Size:    42451540 Bytes = 40.5 MB
   Load Address: 00000000
   Entry Point:  00000000
   Verifying Checksum ... OK

As you can notice, the 2 RAMdisk seem to be different but I don't know why. I just observe that they have different size and they are not loaded at the same address in RAM memory. I precise that I didn't build this RAMdisk. Can someone help me to understand what is the root cause of these differences, please ? Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards,

Erwan Grâce