[U-Boot] [U-BOOT PROBLEM] RAM loading RAMdisk addresses

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Jan 31 20:21:59 CET 2011

Dear "GRACE, ERWAN (ERWAN)** CTR **",

In message <F427B25935CD0742BA694C0B6918F5701B705D87C7 at FRMRSSXCHMBSE2.dc-m.alcatel-lucent.com> you wrote:

> My name is Erwan Grâce, I'm French. Here's my issue : I had loaded the Fl
> ash memory of an electronic card with 2 RAMdisk which are supposed to be th
> e same. However, when I checked the messages displayed on a screen at boot
> time, I observed that there were some differences between the 2 RAMdisk :

Please restrict your line length to some 70 characters or so.  Thanks.

> As you can notice, the 2 RAMdisk seem to be different but I don't know why.

The are obviously different, as they have different sizes.

We cannot answer the "why" as we have zero information about what you
did on that system, or why you even think they should be the same.
These are two different files.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"Intelligence without character is a dangerous thing."   - G. Steinem