[U-Boot] Dreamplug into mainline

Jason u-boot at lakedaemon.net
Thu Jun 2 20:11:04 CEST 2011

Prafulla,

As a practical learning exercise, I'm going to attempt to add support
for the Dreamplug into the mainline u-boot tree.

I'm starting with the board number.  It is currently 2659.  The same as
the Guruplug.  This is less than ideal because the Dreamplug has 2MB
(yes, megabytes) of SPI flash, whereas the Guruplug had 512 MB of flash.

There are other peripherals on the Dreamplug that aren't on the
Guruplug (audio, etc) but I don't see that as immediately relevant with
U-Boot.

I've found [1] for requesting a new board number, but can I do it?  I'm
not related to Marvell in any way...

My plan right now is to make copies of all the guruplug stuff, do
s/guruplug/dreamplug/g on the new files, consolidate, then add the
support for the SPI.  Any holes in that?

thx,

Jason.

[1] http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/developer/machines/