[U-Boot] TFTP support for Pandaboard (OMAP4430 Cortex-A9 Dual core)

Iordan Neshev ineshev at daisytechbg.com
Mon Jun 6 18:02:37 CEST 2011

Hello,

1. I need to boot my Pandaboard via TFTP. As long as I see this is
not yet possible, since in u-boot\include\configs\omap4_panda.h
there is:

/* Disabled commands */
#undef CONFIG_CMD_NET
#undef CONFIG_CMD_NFS

I'm new to U-boot and I'm not sure that I understood it correctly,
so can somebody confirm  this, please?

If it matters, currently I'm booting from a SD card.

2. Also, I'd like to ask is it possible to compile u-boot under
cygwin? I am using the latest CodeSourcery G++ Lite. I tried to do it
but I ran into problems - make is trying to launch arm-linux-gcc, while
it should be arm-none-eabi-gcc. I could not find out how to change it.
But first of all, is it possible at all? If the answer is "yes", I'll
dig more
before asking again.

Best regards,
Iordan